Katherine Heigl Tries On '27 Dresses'


First she was 'Knocked Up,' and now "Grey's Anatomy" star KATHERINE HEIGL is wearing '27 Dresses' in her new romantic comedy -- and ET is exclusively on the set!
"Hey guys, this is Katherine Heigl -- you are getting the first look at my new movie, '27 Dresses,'" the blonde beauty, decked out in an Indian sari, tells ET. "We're on the set today for an Indian-Jewish wedding."
In the movie, out January 11, Katherine plays a single woman who has walked down the aisle 27 times -- but has yet to say "I Do"!
"[I play] the kind of girl who can never say no to people," explains Katherine, "[and has] been a bridesmaid in 27 weddings!"
When her sister enlists her to be a bridesmaid yet again, the request is particularly painful as Katherine is madly in love with her fiance (ED BURNS) and has to help plan their wedding. The light-hearted film was written by 'The Devil Wears Prada' screenwriter ALINE BROSH McKENNA and directed by ANNE FLETCHER ('Step Up').
Katherine says half the fun of the movie was being able to sport all her different bridesmaid looks: "We did one full day of this montage sequence where [I try on] every dress [my character] has ever worn, from a 'Gone with the Wind'-themed wedding -- so I had the whole hoop skirt and a bonnet -- to a cowgirl wedding dress, or bridesmaid's dress, to this sari, to a kimono -- the whole thing."
'27 Dresses' is Katherine's big follow-up after the $150 million success of 'Knocked Up.' JULIA ROBERTS is the queen of romantic wedding comedies, from 'My Best Friend's Wedding' to 'Runaway Bride,' and Katherine just could be next in line!
"There is sort of no greater honor for somebody like me, who has just wanted my entire life to do romantic comedies and to be Julia Roberts," says Katherine. "It's a real honor to even be mentioned in the same sentence."
In her real life, Katherine will soon be saying "I do" to musician JOSH KELLEY -- but her take on all the fame and attention is that it's a mixed blessing.
"It is hard to live your life under a microscope and I am definitely not perfect," she reveals. "So it is hard because you feel like you have to be [perfect] all the time and you can't even scratch your nose or pick a wedgie without somebody commenting, but I don't know -- there are worse problems to have."

Source: ET online
Por Anonymous @ 12:04 AM _ _ link desse tópico

Definir como HomePage // Adicione aos Favoritos // Contato